Who is Ride Easy?
Ride Easy was born out of Niseko, Japan. Despite being one of the best powder heavens in the world, some of the chairlifts are fairly outdated. The idea started 4 years ago, back to the slopes of Hanazono, Niseko in Japan. Every time I had to go to the top of the mountain, it took 3 lifts of 6-7 minutes each. Here’s the problem: 3 lifts to the summit x 6-7 minute rides x 0 footrests = pain You better believe that my front leg was numb and sore by the time I got to the top. And to do it all over again, 10-15 times a day? That was when RideEasy was born. Back to the present. What started out as a 2 dollar bungee cord and hook, is now complete and ready to be used in action. Me and my team of engineers and designers are proud to have put together an accessory that will not only help you ride higher and for longer, but is durable, lightweight and portable. RideEasy has a vision of improving all aspects of the snowboarding experience, we started with the chairlift ride but will move to other facets such as ride technique, backcountry trekking and safety. If you have any ideas on how to improve your the snowboarding experience, email us at Relaxed@RideEasy.co or @triman_82 on Twitter.
When I’m not working on RideEasy or hitting the slopes, you can find me spending time with my boy Asher.
Chief Relaxed Rider
- Ex-Investment Banker at BNP Paribas
- Built a basketball app from ground up as the COO of VC backed startup “Coachbase Practice Planner” (currently in the iTunes store with 203 ratings averaging 4.7 stars)
- Founded and grew a fitness company in the ultra competitive Hong Kong market
- Managed social media and newsletter for “Coachbase”, Apple Store featured basketball app, building it into an industry leading resource on basketball coaching for 20K+ weekly readers.
- Currently directing social media and email campaigns for Ride Easy Snowsports.
Office for Product Design
- Past products include Revols which raised US$2.5 million +
- Engaged by 5-6 HAX portfolio companies each year
Investor & Advisor
- Co-founder of Nanoleaf, a HK hardware startup
- Company products selling in Apple store USA, Harrods and Best Buy
- Responsible for end-to-end supply chain management of US$4 million worth of hardware products in China
Investor & Advisor
- Head of Global Sources Launchpad, a division of Global Sources (NASDAQ-GSL GSOL)
- Responsible for building Startup Launchpad – Asia’s first B2B trade show + tech conference event for hardware startups
- Responsible for facilitating trade between startups/suppliers and buyers worldwide at Global Sources
Ride Easy is Expanding
If you’re passionate about snowboarding and think you’re a wizard in helping us with certain aspects of our business (marketing, growth hacking, sales or distribution), we’d love to hear from you! Email us at Relaxed@RideEasy.co.